Security Manager Cover Letter
Security Managers are responsible for security operations in a company. Their role is to create and maintain a safe environment for staff and visitors. Examples of Security Manager duties are implementing security policies, developing security budgets, monitoring expenses, collaborating with other managers, responding to emergency situations, coordinating security forces, and creating reports for senior managers.
Those interested in a Security Manager career should be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities throughout their cover letters:
- Security management experience
- Knowledge of security technology such as CCTV
- Security procedures expertise
- Budgeting skills
- Organization and planning
- Being able to respond to emergencies and to work under pressure
- Integrity and commitment to work
- Observation spirit and an investigative nature
- Effective communication
- People skills
Beneath is displayed a sample cover letter highlighting comparable Security Manager assets.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Security Manager Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Security Manager, check out our more complete Security Manager Job Description.
Dear Mr. Mathews:
Upon review of your posting for a Security Manager, I hurried to submit my resume for your consideration. As an accomplished and challenge-driven professional with experience overseeing security teams, risk mitigation, and policy enforcement, I am prepared to significantly contribute to your company’s objectives.
My background includes leading high-performance teams in performing all aspects of facility security, such as logistical coordination, equipment installations and training, and security access and tracking functions. With my excellent organization skills and sharp attention to detail, I excel at driving the design and implementation of high-level security plans to enhance across-the-board security of personnel, property, and proprietary information.
Highlights of my experience include:
- Developing, implementing, and directing a sophisticated security plan—incorporating anti-terrorism force protection initiatives—for a 600-member multinational workforce as the Security Manager for ABT International.
- Conducting threat vulnerability and security / risk assessments for company facilities and worksites.
- Leveraging expertise in logistical management, security systems, and personnel training to achieve top-flight overarching safety and security.
- Employing a variety of databases to enhance safety, efficiency, and accuracy while replacing outdated tracking methods.
- Overseeing approximately 35 direct reports; recruiting new hires, conducting performance evaluations, disciplining employees as necessary, and coaching staff effectively to stimulate professional development and growth.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks within high-pressure environments while providing superior management and communication skills and improving operational systems.
My skills in security management have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Roger C. Breglia
Dear Mr. Capshaw
With 20 years of experience in security and assistant management I am looking to apply my expertise in full blown management. This is why I am submitting my resume to your agency. One of my colleagues Wayne Cassidy already works with you and said you would be happy to keep my resume on file if the right opportunity turned up.
In terms of security I have been through the mill. I know all aspects of security and loss prevention in the corporate retail and distribution worlds. I have worked for Kiwi Corporation Colonial Family Retail and Northeastern 1st Peoples Bank managing security and asset protection. The scope of my projects have been mainly large scale and included supervising teams that used talent and tools to identify and rectify threat theft and vandalism. I understand management is about efficient planning and organisation finding the best ways to utilise resources without extending budgets. I am also fully trained and certified in general first aid personal and fire safety and local laws. I take immense pride in my contribution to public service.
I believe my history would be of mutual benefit to you and your clients. Please keep my resume on file and contact me when the time is right.