Being a leader
Leadership is a common and quite simple word but rather very difficult word to define due to its complexity and multifaceted composition. According to Bass (1981) leadership can be defined in different ways: It is an act of influencing activities of an organized group in its quest to set goals and also to achieve certain goals. He also defined leadership to mean the influence that somebody exercises in a situation by means of communication in order to attain a specified goal. However in order to be a leader you require a variety of qualities. A good leader is one who doesn’t know everything: trying to imagine that effective leadership is related to knowing everything is one of the most dangerous misconceptions in the field of leadership. So as much as the final decision and responsibility lies with one individual, it is important for him/her to gather other peoples’ opinions or views and respects them before making a final decision on an issue.
To be a good leader one also need to be open to change. This is one of the obvious factors that take place in life including areas where we work but has remained strongly resisted by mankind. However effective leadership demands that we anticipate all changes whether minor or major and respond to them promptly to allow growth to take place. On other hand however, it is also important to understand some of the attributes associated with bad leadership in life so as to avoid them completely when one is aspiring to be a leader. In order to be a leader one should avoid being a buddy boss. This character is normally exhibited when a manger make buddies instead of being a leader after failing to acquire the recognition of a leader amongst employees. Experts hold it that bosses can never be buddies with their employees; in fact their power and authority are always neutralized by friendships. Such relationships are always known to cloud the objectivity of a leader and hinder his/her ability to correct behaviours, delegate and to hold employees accountable for their responsibilities, omissions or commissions. As a person strive to climb the ladder of good leadership, it is important to avoid disorganization at workplace because such behaviour always leads to having employees without direction just like their leaders. In fact disorganized leaders don’t always guide their teams properly because they don’t deliver and manage their plans and strategies appropriately.
Leadership essays are practically required by every school or university you go to. It’s not easy coming up with an essay, especially if you’re out of ideas. Organizing your thoughts also poses as a major challenge to some. That’s why it’s great to start with a simple outline that can summarize and carefully explain your ideas on paper.
Our essay outline template will help solve your writing issues and help you gain a big score in the field of leadership as it will present you with sample paragraphs on how to create an essay for different subjects like educational leadership, reflective leadership, and other forms of leadership essays that can help make an impact to an individual and even to a group.
Educational Leadership Essay Sample
Leadership College Essay Sample
Reflective Leadership Essay Sample
Leadership Scholarship Essay Sample
Most students write a Scholarship Essay to prove that they are worthy to study in a reputable university. Some create a leadership essay for a management position or a place at the student body. How can you establish a flawless leadership essay? Here’s some great tips to achieve your scholarly essay goals:
- Define your leadership role. Being a scholar is not just about getting good grades and graduating with flying colors; the candidate for the scholarship must explain in their essay what leadership role they want to grow in to when they are admitted to the university.
- State your own definition of leadership. Leaders are made, not born. Admission heads are looking for your distinctive definition of leadership because they want to know if you have sufficient knowledge to be an influential scholar in a college or not.
- Communicate a problem and how you can solve it.You must have an advocacy in mind that is relevant to the position you applied for with a smart strategy as well.
- Include facts.Every leadership essay must speak of facts that will support the advocacy and aligns the goals of the essay writer.
- Set a vision.Having a vision will help you gain the trust of the institution and establish your essay outline solidly.
Nursing Leadership Essay Sample
Student Leadership Essay Sample
Leadership Program Essay Sample
Personal Leadership Essay Sample
In order to acquire a leadership role or entrance to a prestigious institution, you need to be persuasive in your style of writing an essay. One way you can qualify as a leader in an institution is writing an argumentative essay that functions to make a certain group or individual adapt to your beliefs or advocacy.
There are a lot of roles you take on in becoming an influential leader in your chosen institution, but it’s good to know a specific approach to persuading people to fund you in your course of study. You can utilize these powerful approaches in making an effective leadership essay:
- Mention current team developments or relationships you’ve had.A background in small group successes like facilitating discussion groups gives you an edge, and it increases your chances of being admitted in a university or field of study.
- Highlight your direction in life.A personal direction or your drive in life will let admission heads know about your passion.
- Name mentors or trainers who have influenced you.Adding respectable names in the industry that have inspired you to take on the opportunity to learn in an institution will give admission heads a reliable reference.
- State a conflict and how you’ve managed it.The best leaders know how to manage conflict or crisis, and that’s how you can stand out among the rest of the candidates.
Keep these tips in mind, and you’ll be a step closer to that scholarship at your chosen university or college.
You may also like
Scholarship Essay – 9+ Free Samples, Examples, Format to ...
Personal Essay Template - 9+ Free Word, PDF Documents ...
Scholarship Essay Template - 7+ Free Word, PDF Documents ...
Persuasive Essay Template - 9+ Free Samples, Examples, Format ...
Persuasive Essay Template - 7+ Free Sample, Example, Format ...
Personal Essay – 7+ Free Samples, Examples, Format Download ...
Analysis Essay Template - 7+ Free Samples, Examples, Format ...
Extended Essay Template - 7+ Free Samples, Examples, Format ...
Analysis Essay Template - 7+ Free Sample, Example, Format Free ...
Literary Essay Template - 11+ Free Samples, Examples, Format ...
Reflective Essay Template - 8+ Free Word, PDF Documents ...
9+ Scholarship Essay Examples